Thursday, December 19, 2019

My favorite article of clothing and how it represents me

For any of you who know me, you know almost every day I wear a pair of Adidas joggers. I have a couple different colors and styles and they are pretty much the only pants I wear unless I am forced to do otherwise. I love them, I feel like they are stylish and comfortable, they were popular in the 90s and now there is another rise of the fad of Adidas track pants. I also love the color black and although now I have other colors the classic style is a nice sleek black that I really vibe with.


The style of Adidas track pants I wear are originally designed for soccer. They have a zipper on the side of each leg that goes from just below the knee to the end of the pant. This is for soccer players to put on or take off their shin guards. Although soccer isn’t the central factor to my identity it is a really important aspect of my life. I have been playing for as long as I can remember and I am an avid women's soccer fan. The first pair of Adidas pants I got was probably around 4 years ago when for a gift my parents let me buy something from my club soccer website. I chose the blue Adidas track pants with my number “24” embroidered on them.


I would wear these new pants as many times as I could, my mom would tell me I needed to dress nicer and wear things like jeans more often. Here’s the thing, I don't really like jeans they have to be a very specific fit and even then I would take a jogger over denim any day. So, once I started wearing my joggers there was no going back. Since then I have made them a central part of my wardrobe.


Adidas track pants are seen as comfortable and athletic/soccer related. I would like to believe that I exude some sort of a welcoming feeling and anyone who knows me well knows I love soccer. Another thing is that they have become iconic on me if you asked any of my friends about my typical outfits I am sure all of them would include Adidas track pants.


Overall my relationship with Adidas track pants is long and pleasant and I am glad I have them in my life.

2 comments:

  1. You rock the iconic Adidas track pants They're simple, and comfortable, and stylish, so yeah-- what more do you really need? And you're right. Somehow, they do exude a welcoming energy in general, due to how familiar they are to our pop culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen you wear jeans once and never again. I remember you talking about how you hated jeans because of the way they fit but honestly I have no idea how you wear Adidas track pants when it's cold, because I did and my legs were freezing. But I don't think I could ever imagine you not wearing them so :)

    ReplyDelete